Two flavors of Supercomputing at HCC, How to pick what works best for my task?
- My job requires large amount of computing power for short period of time (hours and days)
- My jobs are interdependent tasks and must run in parallel
- The Communication between the parallel running tasks is vital and will benefit from a tightly coupled runtime environment with low latency interconnects
- The data size that my job works with (input and/or output) is significantly large (GB's or TB's)
- My job requires large amount of computing power for long periods of time (months and years)
- My computation jobs are sequential and can independently run without communication between multiple running tasks
- The data size that my job works with (input and/or output) is small to medium (<2 GB)