UNK Linear Algebra, Feb. 28, 2017
If at any time today you have difficulties or become lost, please
place the red sticky note on
top of your monitor and a helper will be around to assist you.
For these instructions, any commands to be typed into the terminal will be formatted like this.
What is a cluster:
(picture courtesy of:
To connect to the Crane cluster:
- insert the Yubikey into the computer’s USB drive. There should be a
small green light in the middle of the Yubikey to indicate it is
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to
- Click “Start SSH session to crane.unl.edu”
- Click the “Terminal: SSH” icon to begin the SSH session
- Type in the provided Username and Password. Note that the password
will not display on screen, but rest assured that even though
nothing is being output, your password is being entered as you type.
- At the “Passcode:” prompt, press your finger to the gold circle in
the middle of the Yubikey until a string of characters appears on
- If you logged in successfully, your screen should look similar to
the one belo
Linux Commands Reference List:
To run MATLAB interactively:
To access the MATLAB Tutorial: